Sunday, March 3, 2013

February 11, 2013


Hello Everybody!

Hope this week went smoothly, we are doing well here in London. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, keep kicking butt in basketball! I loved those stories from Tanner and Jesse, funny fact: Elder Kearl's zone leader right now is actually Elder Silva!

The zone is having a good time, we are really trying to help everybody be obedient, and there's been a lot of good things coming from it. In our area we just started teaching a young guy who is on probation and have had a few interesting lessons. In the first lesson we were trying to explain the Holy Ghost to him so that he could get an answer to his prayers. So we ask "how do you feel when you do something good?" and he says "uh...well I haven't done much good in a while...". Then Elder D tried to flip the question on him and said "ok, well how do you feel when you do bad?" (expecting a response like "well, not good") and he says "well, when I do bad I get money... so I feel good I guess". Backfire, haha. He does have a soft heart though, we're excited to be teaching him. This week we're going to start teaching a HUGE guy from Sudan, seriously he's gotta be 6'8"  (it was a shocker because I'm not used to looking up at anyone)

Another interesting experience - Last night we were eating with a member and her brother’s family. We sat down at the end to give a spiritual thought and I pulled out the book of Mormon, looked at it, and then felt that we should teach something from the bible instead. So we shared a scripture and discussed the gift of discernment. Partway through the member looks at her brother and says "I feel like they're reading my patriarchal blessing to me!". The spirit was very strong in the lesson. It was interesting how we were lead to remind that member of something the Lord had already told her. I love the Spirit!

Gotta go, but I love you all, hope you have an amazing week!

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment