Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 21, 2013


Hello from the Great White North!

I trust all is well, this week fly by! Glad to hear everybody is doing well! So this is going to be brief but we did get a transfer call. Elder B is staying here in Sudbury and his new companion is Elder A. I will be going down to London Ontario to do YSA (young single adult) work. We're going to be whitewashing (all new missionaries going into the area) and my new companion is going to be Elder D, I don't know if I've told you too much about him but we served in Ossington together, he was the district leader down there for a long time. He's a great guy, from Brazil, super funny and a great heart.

Other than that not too much new to report. There were some pretty cool miracles this week in the area. One guy that has come to church the last few weeks and is dating a member, we started teaching him and he agreed to be baptized. Another lady who is 77 and has been, according to herself, searching for the "true church" for 70 of those 77 years (her only major hang up at this point is she has beef with us calling Sunday the Sabbath)! She is already into the book of Mormon despite some pretty huge health challenges. Another family that just came out of nowhere: a less active lady with 2 teenage daughters who was really humbled and the relief society rallied around her and now we are going to teach them. So yeah, tons of miracles, I'm really quite disappointed to be leaving with all this cool stuff happening, but we're going to have a great time in London (that's actually Elder B’s last area). I was actually surprised to realize that I came to care for the people here in Sudbury much quicker than in any of my other areas so far. It has been only a month and it's hard to leave!

All is well in Ontario, I hope this finds you all doing great! Lots of love!!

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment