Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 14, 2013


Hey Everyone!!!

I trust all is well! Hopefully everyone can get back in the school swing soon! So before I forget I had a few quick comments:

1) Just curious if the missionary mall accepted those last photos. In particular I could use a new pair of those shoes! The ones I have right now are death on ice, super slippery.

2) We had an exchange with the assistants this last week and I learned that apparently my release date is July 3 not June 3. Supposedly you can't push a missionary's date that far back without First Presidency approval, so I think they are going to talk with President Scott to figure out what to do with me. But I did tell them I would be willing to stay the extra month. So a heads up... if you have SERIOUS issues with me staying til July speak now or forever hold your peace, otherwise it'll be whatever President figures out in the next few days.  

So some great news: Stefan got baptized! He's so cool. He cold turkeyed coffee, cigarettes and marijuana in the last few weeks to be ready for this Sunday. Super humble guy, but he gave us a heart attack on Sunday. He showed up late for sacrament and asked to talk with us. He had a friend at a party the night before who told him not to do it (be baptized) and started trying to anti Stefan with the Bible. So when he came to church he decided not to be baptized. We talked to him about the Spirit, how it never leads us astray, and how he feels it when he reads the Book of Mormon. Then a guy from the ward  gave him some great advice and he softened up. He had a great experience and at the end of the baptism said "I can't believe I was going to back out!". So he's doing better. Thanks for your faith and prayers on his behalf!  

One funny experience then I gotta go. So my companion is 5'9, and we are passing by some former investigators on Tuesday. I'm looking down (if I remember right at the cellphone) and just tailing him. He walks right under a cement porch and I follow, and smash my head into the bottom of the porch. I keep walking (hoping he didn't hear me) and feel my head. When I look at my hand it's got blood on it! So we had to go back to the apartment to clean out the cut and the mission nurse told me to cut a bit of hair so I could see how long/deep it was to determine if I needed stitches. I didn't have to go to the clinic but I have a lovely hole in my hair now. Luckily I'm almost always the tallest guy in the room so people only see it if I bend right over and they look right. Yes, I'm still the "dumbest smart person" you know!  

This work is true! As time goes on I realize more and more how subtle but at the same time how constant the Spirit is in striving to guide us. Once we really learn to listen to it, and stay worthy of it, He is ALWAYS there to teach us! As President Eyring says: "the Lord doesn't hide in a pavilion, but sometimes we erect our own pavilions".  Love you all, I hope you're having a smashing good week!

Tyler
got this short email from Tyler about 1/2 hour later:
I just got a call from the mission secretary, my release date is for July 3rd.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment