Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 11, 2013


Hello everyone!!!

Glad to hear from all of you. Tell Lincoln I say congrats, he'll do amazing. Devin (guy that Tyler met who knows someone from our ward here in Calgary) gets to Calgary early May. He actually called us this week and asked for us to come by. He's going through a rough time, we taught him really quickly (he had 15 min) about prayer, afterlife, the Book of Mormon and baptism. 

We had an interesting week, the elders in this area before us crashed the car and didn't fix it, so we sent it in this week and we were on the good old buses again. Elder D and I both spent over a year in Ossington so it was kind of like coming home, except the buses here are super slow! We missed a ton of appointments because of it, too bad!

We went to the chiropractor this week (the mission will pay for 3 trips). Elder D had pretty bad scoliosis and you know my back has bugged me for a long time so we figured we'd both go get it looked at. They did x-rays and the chiropractor gave my a diagnosis: I have slightly misplaced hips (right side is high and angled) which has caused rotoscoliosis in my lower back. I also have a deep curve in my lower back creating pressure on the lowest spinal bone. So I do have some problems, he did some adjustment and interestingly enough I've been sleeping better. It is kind of a problem though so I'll probably try and go to the chiropractor every so often in the future.

We're teaching some pretty cool people right now. One, Paula, is the granddaughter of the patriarch in Sudbury stake, she is part native so we're trying to help her build faith in Jesus Christ right now (that was never really an issue with Spanish people, totally different in YSA work). Another, jordan, is the friend of a member and showed up to church without us ever meeting him. He really wants to start coming back to church and get close to god again. Prayers for both would be great!

I'm continually reminded of the importance of what we're doing out here, how our preparation really plays a role in helping others except this message. We taught a girl with a member on Friday, after the lesson he sent us a text: "thanks for the work you are doing elders. It has been a long time since I heard the gospel taught with that much power". It is great to see others react under the influence of the Spirit, and everyday we, both members and missionaries, get to CHOOSE whether or not we will have that Spirit with us. I've set several goals in order to have the Spirit more fully with me. 

Love you all, thanks for your goodness and support! Have a great week!

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment