Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 24, 2014

Hello Everyone!

This is going to be a short one, bear with me! I heard a little bit about the weather from some members in our ward (one of the members is a descendant of the man the town of Cochrane was named after), but I didn't have a good idea about the extent of the damage. That picture from above the Saddledome seemed fine to me, until I realized the brown stuff wasn't dirt, it was water! Glad to hear you're all safe, I assumed so since you're up so high. Tyler Henry sent me a great quote from the mayor about some people who thought it'd be a good idea to canoe down the river, haha.

“I can’t believe I actually have to say this, but I’m going to say it.  The river is closed.  You cannot boat on the river.  I have a large number of nouns that I can use to describe the people I saw in a canoe on the Bow river today.  I am not allowed to use any of them.  I can tell you, however, that I have been told that despite the state of local emergency, I’m not allowed to invoke the Darwin law.” Mayor Nenshi

Well, thanks to all of you for your prayers, we had a great week. Brother Baker was baptized yesterday! It was a great moment, a very tender time for his whole family. His wife and 2 sons have been active/semi-active for over 10 years, and a number of home-teachers and priesthood leaders have tried for a very long time to help their family. He was finally ready to make that commitment and now the whole family is together in the Gospel. We have a number of other investigators/potentials we are working with this week, should be a lot of fun, Sandra made it to the baptism after church and had a great time.

We continue to truck along in our area and zone. The mission has 52 baptisms for the month, so we only need 8 this week to hit our goal! It's going to be great to hit it this year, especially after we didn't make it last June. I have a huge appreciation for President Scott, his inspiration and the good man that he is, it has been a great blessing to serve with him.

Hope you have a great week, stay dry! Lots of love,


Elder Gedlaman

No comments:

Post a Comment