Friday, June 21, 2013

June 17, 2013

Hi everybody!!!

I trust you are all doing well! We had a good week as well. Congrats to all the young men with mission calls, that is amazing! Shane - good luck with Tagolag!

Quick update on everybody, Tabitha and Sandra are doing well, reading and praying, we are going to get into the commandments this week. Sandra took a huge step by praying in front of us in our last lesson. Br. “B” is doing really well. He has some serious health challenges, as well as some memory problems, but he is focused on baptism and definitely has the right motivation: his family and his testimony. It is really cool to see how the Lord has softened his heart; his wife has been a member for 14 years and from what we've been told he was not always so happy about it. The 1st counselor told us yesterday that he has a different look in his face now. We are going to baptize him on Sunday: please pray for him! If I could also enlist your faith and prayers in asking the Lord to help the mission baptize 60 people this month, we could use it!!

We had a crazy week, zone conference in Kitchener (I had to give my departing testimony :( ), then we had an exchange with the Spanish Elders, then down to Windsor for another exchange with Elder D(he's doing great) and his companion. As usual lots of strange experiences and funny stories, but one stuck out this week.

Elder J and I were walking down the street contacting people and this very, very Caucasian looking lady approaches. When we get about 8 metres from her we wave and say hi, and she says "No, sorry! I am from China!". First off, obviously not from China. So we say "oh cool, we have good friends who speak mandarin, what language do you speak?" and she says, "I don't speak any languages! I am from China, but I don't speak any languages". To which I responded with a "uh-huh" and my companion started to laugh (he tried to hide it). So we met a white girl from china who speaks no languages but can somehow understand all the English we speak with her. Haha, there are people out there who REALLY don't want to talk to us!

I'll just leave you with my testimony, this work is true, and through the atonement we can overcome the "natural man" in all of us! Hope you have a marvelous week!

Elder Gedlaman 


No comments:

Post a Comment